PDA

View Full Version : Whare is the love?

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
ALL HALLOWS fest should be the biggest fest of the year what is going on? :zombie_smiley: I have personally gone through and commented in almost every thread in All Hallows Fest and there seems to be very little if any life on the other end of these theads. Even my own thread which I have updated numerous times, has had very little response (Does it look that bad?).
Tell me there's a pulse out there for this fest, cause I'm starting to wonder?

Robbie Comeau
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Your not the only one, wasn't Brandon Rice worried to?

Aculag
09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Brandon's thread has the most replies. I'm prety sure people are just more interested in movies by people who they recognize. My movie thread has garnered very little interest as well, and I'm attributing that to the fact that this is my first time entering anything here.

HorseFilms
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
It's still a month away. I think it's a little premature to be worrying about lack of interest.

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 12:26 PM
It's still a month away. I think it's a little premature to be worrying about lack of interest.

For a fest that is tradionally the biggest one that is hard to believe, but I hope you are right!

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Brandon's thread has the most replies. I'm prety sure people are just more interested in movies by people who they recognize. My movie thread has garnered very little interest as well, and I'm attributing that to the fact that this is my first time entering anything here.

That may be true also, for some people. When I look at a thread for a movie It is usually because I like the poster or synopsis or if the screengrabs interest me, if there is a movie made by someone by JDS for example I will definitly check it out because of his track record making high quality watchable films. But what I won't do is ignore all the other movies and only check his for updates. I don't think anyone does that, At least I hope not. when these fests take place I take care to watch all the submissions before making my voting decisions.

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Your not the only one, wasn't Brandon Rice worried to?

Somewhat, I think he seems a little more optimistic about it.

Larry Rutledge
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm not at all worried, but then again that might be because I don't have a film to enter, so I have nothing to lose

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3385/zombieenfeu5ib.gif

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm not at all worried, but then again that might be because I don't have a film to enter, so I have nothing to lose

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3385/zombieenfeu5ib.gif

It's not too late! Just don't wait till the last minute :furious3:

Joops
09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Whare is your dictionhary?

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Whare is your dictionhary?

Sometimes i type fast Where is correct, but Dictionhary is wrong!:evil:

Brandon Rice
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I agree, the buzz is lacking.

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree, the buzz is lacking.

What do you think? I was out of town for ad fest but spyfest was alot more active it seems!

Glideshot
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Maybe everyone is spending more time on the actual production of their films, rather than the hype. I would have to say that most of us will watch all of the films (at least I always do) before casting judgement. I believe the "Hype" threads (albeit a lot of fun) are honestly just there to coerce people into watching that film first.

If I am incorrect in my assessment, then Shame on You All!
:violent5:

DarkMatter
09-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Maybe everyone is spending more time on the actual production of their films, rather than the hype. I would have to say that most of us will watch all of the films (at least I always do) before casting judgement. I believe the "Hype" threads (albeit a lot of fun) are honestly just there to coerce people into watching that film first.

Actually, this thread was started to discuss why these fests seem to be dwindling down with participation. I doubt that everyone is too busy making their films that they don't have time to promote them (just look at yours) or that only people making films will vote. Nice stab but I think you missed.

John LaBonney
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I believe the "Hype" threads (albeit a lot of fun) are honestly just there to coerce people into watching that film first.

Well shame on me I guess. I enjoyed reading the threads not because I was overly curious to see any one film, but just to watch the progress of the filmmakers and learn a little bit about how they did it and some of the problems they had and how they overcame them. I wouldn't say they're all "hype."

John LaBonney
09-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Another point that I heard mentioned was that in previous fests there were numerous threads for films that never got finished, or even really started. Perhaps having learned a lesson, people are waiting until they've completed some specific phase of the project before they post an official thread to avoid looking like they're all talk and no action. I would be in this group.

Karl151k
09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
...people are waiting until they've completed some specific phase of the project before they post an official thread to avoid looking like they're all talk and no action. I would be in this group.

I'm in that group too. Although I have shot all my live-action footage, there still remains a lot of post-work to be done before I'll have even a semblance of a real movie. Once I get past a certain milestone that I've set for myself, I'll be creating a thread and viewing/commenting on everyone elses.

Simon Höfer
09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Another point that I heard mentioned was that in previous fests there were numerous threads for films that never got finished, or even really started. Perhaps having learned a lesson, people are waiting until they've completed some specific phase of the project before they post an official thread to avoid looking like they're all talk and no action. I would be in this group.

Well, I might be one of them, but just starting a thread can give you some pressure. I have got a lot of things to do right now, but I put some pressure up by making a thread. So that I work as hard as I can on the other things first and then hopefully still have time for my entry.

And I think a thread just increases the possibility to finish your entry.

Glideshot
09-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I have got a lot of things to do right now, but I put some pressure up by making a thread. So that I work as hard as I can on the other things first and then hopefully still have time for my entry.

My point exactly

Gord.T
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah, this IS weird.

I'm guessing everyone is even more serious this time. After all, THEE "Book of Names" is booked solid. AND the quality of the vids is getting scary good these days. My money's booked on this is gonna be blockbuster fest.

(If not, I'm gonna lose all of my earthly possessions
and will never be allowed to work in this country again. :))

DarkMatter
10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised also. Now let's hope they all finish their films!

Ki-Ki
10-16-2007, 04:58 AM
I havn't even got a final draft yet. I have:

10 Days, 12 Hours, 3 Minutes

To hand in the film.

[ edit: 10 Days, 12 Hours, ..2 Minutes ]

DarkMatter
10-16-2007, 07:19 AM

To hand in the film.

No pressure!:thumbsup:

Movie love
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
:violin:

I don't know about you, but if I wanted people to vote for my film, I would want them to watch it last not first..

Movie love
10-17-2007, 12:27 PM

To hand in the film.

I am a generous composer, but i'm not good at working under pressure.. sorry man, hit me up at the next festival... If you want to hear a sample of my work, I did the music for '....In the night':violin::cry:

Jay Rodriguez
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
fests suck.... hehe, j/k, this is my first one that I finally stuck with. I'm only submitting because JDS isn't in it.... haha ok, j/k again.

DimmuJed
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
It WAS slow, but now Movie Master IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!! Tupperware.

DarkMatter
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
It WAS slow, but now Movie Master IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!! Tupperware.

I hear his name but see no thread. Maybe he is reverse engineering an embalming machine for his hybrid monster!