PDA

View Full Version : lighting a car scene at night

Jackel414
09-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm trying to film a night scene in a car. Anybody have ideas on the best way to light it? I'm not a very expirienced lighter to begin with, so I'm a little over my head here. Thanks.

mindzeye
09-24-2007, 07:27 PM
theres a couple of ways you can do it for cheap... in the past i've used the more high end christmas lights that are in-cased in a plastic tubing... they almost look light neon string lights. i asked a friends dad that was an electrician and he was able to wire all my electrical through a car battery i had in the back seat (not recommended)... i just placed the stringed lights everywhere i could afford to without damaging the car. the floor panels... the dash... the glove... even on the talents lap... AND there's another way if you have access to an indoor garage thats somewhat spacious and a good sized crew... you can buy cheap black material and cover the entire garage with it and light the interior from the outside of the car while your crew stands around with other small random light sources to replicate moving cars. you'll need a couple of hand to shake the car a bit as well. This works pretty good only if you have an extreme shallow depth of field. hope this helps

cheers.

Oynk
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
There are many threads in the forums on this. For a cheap option, this (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=77245) seems to be the easiest solution.