PDA

View Full Version : Fissure of Na´vetÚ

Gulroc
09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
The above is only the working title. It may or may not be final. Going to try to write, produce, and direct this in between classes. Wish me luck.

BTW this is the official thread for my entry.

Actual Final Title (if a mod could change my thread title again, sorry, thanks): Fissure of Na´vetÚ

This is the promotional poster I will be putting up in a high traffic area of campus in order to get some people to help out:

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3420/fissureofnaivteposterbj2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Had a major re write. Keeping the title and sort of keeping the theme.

Screenshot:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/525/ssfissmb2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Racing to the finish.

Gulroc
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks.

BTW I just got the film club/tv station at my school to host a Halloween Film Festival. So now I will be running in and participating in a fest.

Good luck to all, I know I'll need it.

Brandon Rice
09-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Was a title for another film back in dramafest...but cool thoughts... looking forward to it.

StefanHaynes
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, seems to be very oft-use name.

Don't know why, really.

Luis Caffesse
09-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Was a title for another film back in dramafest...

It was Hudson's short, wasn't it?

Gulroc
09-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Hmmmm, I am now thinking about changing it again. It'll be a working title for now, I guess.

This is the last name change, I swear.

Fissure of Na´vetÚ

If I can have my title changed by a mod, that would be great. I am so sorry about this constant title swapping. Just to make it clear, I would like "Dissonance" changed to "Fissure of Na´vetÚ".

Okay, now to finish the actual script.

Jack Daniel Stanley
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, seems to be very oft-use name.

Don't know why, really.Probably because stories are based on conflict. Internal or external.

Gulroc
09-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks Jack. I will try my darndest to make this entry worthy of my pain and suffering. The script is almost done. Just need to find willing actors and crew from around campus. I will try to get cast pics or at least a a poster up here soon.

Gulroc
09-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Poster added.

DarkMatter
09-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Interesting poster, looks promising.

Simon H÷fer
09-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Yep, nice poster :)

Gulroc
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
So, due to harsh scheduling and a few overly optimistic choices had to do a major overhaul. A complete script rewrite and a few last minute decisions. It's going to really come down to the wire. Just filmed it last night and editing today and all tomorrow night until upload. I've included a screenshot that shouldn't give away too much.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
10-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Glad you finished it!

Cheers,

Mike

mrcheapyasui
10-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Interesting, but the screams could have been more convincing.

mentatDUKE
11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Gulroc, the film took its time which definitely allowed the creepiness to set in. I liked the location. Reminded me of my old college dorm. How were you able to shoot there? Late at night? Laid back RAs?

Gulroc
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. It actually is an old dorm at my college campus. Probably the oldest in terms of last renovation (School Established in 1824). Luckily I'm cool with the RA and there is very low traffic there. Keep the criticisms and compliments coming, I need to improve.

Chris Messineo
11-06-2007, 08:35 AM
This film wouldn't play for me. It freezes at 21 seconds and then the sound goes out at 24 seconds. Is anyone else having trouble watching this?

Gulroc
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Is mine the only one you had a problem with? There were some films I had to re-download 3 or 4 times. Eventually the entire film would download and I could watch them all the way through. You may want to check the download problems thread.

cinealma
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
REVIEW:
I like the slow pace of the film. I think you had a good idea, but there are some snafu's that kind of grounded it. It kind of played out more like a carnival ride than a film. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it just is what it is.

Good job and keep plugging away at this filmmaking stuff.

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
The Hitchcock zoom-and-dolly didn't work out too well, probably because the camera was handheld while you were trying to do it.

Saw the camera guy's shadow when he goes into the dark area.

No more nit-picking.

Kudos for going out and shooting something. Getting off your ass to do something is the hard part a lot of the time.

You've set up some good shots and kept the action moving at the film's pace, which was good. Just needs a some polish on the craft. So you're already planning your next project, right?

Cheers! :beer:

andoguru
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey Gulroc,

Kinda of a neat story, but way too long. The shots were decent. I think this piece relies a lot on location and probably could have come up with a more spooky location like a library or even just making the dorm darker. It is a good idea though to make a normally busy place like a dorm, quiet and abandoned.

Keep making films...it's amazing how much you can learn each time you make a film. I know I will never stop learning how to become a better filmmaker. That's one of the things that makes it so appealing.

Laters,
Ando

Marlon Ladd
11-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I agree totally with Ando. There were some good shots in here and the location did seem to become a little frightening for a minute, but another local probably would have served the story better (library), but then again, this is indie filmmaking and sometimes you don't have access to all the best places to shoot.