PDA

View Full Version : Creating tranparent image for FCP ??? Why is it not working?

dvmichelle
09-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi all I created a tranparent image in Photoshop - I collapsed the layers -
I can see the file saved to PSD and when I open it in Photoshop It has a tranarent backgroud .

Ok I pull it in to FCP and when I supper impose it on the track it work.
But why do I not see the trasparent backgroun in FCP? I should see th transparent backgorund in FCP ?

What am i doing wrong?

milksac
09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Save it as a PNG file.

Matt Grunau
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
What version of FCP are you using? You should be able to save a simple .psd with a transparant background (with Maximize Compatability on). FCP should recognize them. Every other NLE out there does (that I know of).

If not, create and alpha channel and do what milksac suggests and save as a .png. You can also save alpha channels in .tga files as well.

Oh, and dont forget that hitting F12 is the default hotkey for making alpha channels. So, simply have you shape or design finished, put all the elements on one layer that is tranparancy, and hit F12. THen, go and look in your Channels pallet and you will see a nice alpha channel there. Then you can save to whatever file type which supports alphas you want.

Jack Daniel Stanley
09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Save it as a PNG file.
yeah this is what I've done many times

dvmichelle
09-13-2007, 05:26 AM
Thanks - I tried it and worked - I have no idea why it was not working before - thnaks fr the tip

Cheers all .. Another happy board member :)