PDA

View Full Version : Newtek - Speed Edit

Jason Ramsey
09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey, Mikko.... Just thought of this one off the top of my head.

If Newtek happens to be there... Can you check out their speededit NLE. It has native p2 support... there is no demo available so I've always been a bit hesitant about it...

If you can check it out, and perhaps find out some of the p2 integration features, etc.

Thanks,
Jason

mikkowilson
09-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Awe shoot, too late. :(
I did breeze past NT while they where running a TricasterStudio demo .. I wasn't aware that SpeedEdit supported P2 .. if I'd have known, I'd have been right on it.
Though a good place to ask about it is probabaly NT's own forum: http://www.newtek.com/forums/

- Mikko

Jason Ramsey
09-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Darn.... That's cool. I've browsed around on the forums, but ah well... Maybe they will get a demo version sometime this century... I'd like to try it out at the very least.

Thanks,
Jason

Barry_Green
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I've tried it. It works. It's a different type of editor; their big claim to fame seems to be the "storyboard" editing concept, instead of the "timeline" (although they do timeline editing too).

TedRR
09-23-2007, 08:00 PM
The fact that SpeedEDIT works in Story Board AND/OR timeline was valuable since people tend to be in love with one or the other.
The fact that you can have a timeline AND story board open, or two different views of the timeline open is another biggie on large timelines.

mule ferguson
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
I purchased Speed Edit 4 weeks ago. First of all my first system was the Toaster. then the Toaster/Flyer. This is how I started in NLE. The story board deal was what I loved. When the love of my life died (the Toaster/Flyer) I migrated to Adobe then to FCP and on to Edius. I did lots of Lowe's training video with the Toaster and Mll format. What a deal Lightwave 3D, a paint program, and a CG..

With 2 projects in the works I have only played with Speed Edit a little bit. But Its looks so much like the Flyer.

Its amazing ...I had to unlearn to learn the Adobe, FCP, Edius, Avid, and all the other systems..

Now its back to pie r round, cornbread r square.

Mule Ferguson
"Long Live The Toaster/Flyer"

TedRR
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome back Mule. :)

I wonder how many people got into video using the Toaster or because of the Toaster.

Jason Ramsey
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I wish they would make a trial available for SpeedEDIT. I'd love to try it, but I'm not going to buy it to try it. I'm not desperate to switch NLE's, I just want to try it out and see what it brings to the table, being that it has p2 support.

I also downloaded the trial of the new Premiere to try out the p2 support on it, but unfortunately could not get the trial to work properly, it would only let me enter a serial number and activate a full version.... ah well.

Jason

Tom Harman
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM
SpeedEdit is having problems with 1080 24p from P2.

I just pulled this off the NewTek Discussion Group. John Perkins, one of the NewTek staff wrote:

"We found three issues with the 24p footage off the top of my head.
1. pulldown removal is not working for most clips causing incorrect or no pulldown removal depending on the phase of the moon
2. a 24p project with the VT card output enabled will cause a crash, don't enable it for now
3. Files over 2GB aren't readable, but if you are in a real bind, I can send a temporary fix.

In the upcoming 1.5, we have fixed the second two and are working on the first.

If you have an option, I would suggest shooting 24pN rather than 24p or 24pA until pulldown is all sorted out. The other framerates should be good."

Tom Harman

EugeneBancroft
02-06-2009, 04:46 AM
hi,
I wonder how many people got into video using the Toaster or because of the Toaster.

www.staffingpower.com

sentersoftech

j
02-07-2009, 08:04 PM
The Toaster was the Red of it's day...

TedRR
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
The Toaster was the Red of it's day...

It was then, and it's still impressing many of our clients. It's not called Toaster anymore! :) It's called VT-SpeedEDIT. :thumbup:

ErikAlbany
03-03-2009, 01:49 AM
hi,
I wish they would make a trial available for SpeedEDIT. I'd love to try it, but I'm not going to buy it to try it. I'm not desperate to switch NLE's, I just want to try it out and see what it brings to the table, being that it has p2 support.

I also downloaded the trial of the new Premiere to try out the p2 support on it, but unfortunately could not get the trial to work properly, it would only let me enter a serial number and activate a full version.... ah well.

www.staffingpower.com

www.sentersoftech.com

Jason Ramsey
03-03-2009, 02:09 AM
have you tried EDIUS trial recently? They came out with version 5 recently...