PDA

View Full Version : This guy is a Photoshop and Illustrator GOD!

triplej96
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/te...eart_damen.htm (http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/text/fineart_damen.htm)

Luis Caffesse
09-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Unreal.
Thanks for the link

triplej96
09-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Welcome. I had no idea photoshop and illustrator were even capable of that. He is a master no doubt.

mikkowilson
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
WOW! :shocked: That's crazy good.

- Mikko

Simon Höfer
09-06-2007, 01:59 PM
That reminded me of the paint GOD :D

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=108985

Jeff Anderson
09-06-2007, 02:06 PM
wow. Thats incredible! My first thought was - where are the photoshop files? THought it was all just actual photos. This guy is good.

Capt Quirk
09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
He was a semi regular guest on The Screen Savers, back before TechTV became G4. He gave a lot of useful tutorials, some of which work great in Premiere.

brandonburtner
09-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Holy crap. I saw that first picture and thought "So what, did he up the saturation or something?" I had no clue that was generated. That is one of the most impressive things I've seen.

JohnMC
09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
This guy also does a Photoshop/Illustrator how-to podcast for Revsion3. You can find it on iTunes under the name "PixelPerfect with Bert Monroy." It is amazing to see him in action.

JohnMC

snowleopard
10-02-2007, 10:26 PM
True art.

This guy has talent beyond Photoshop.

Zephyrnoid
10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Why do you say photoshop artist?
Don't you mean ADOBE artist? I mean the use of vector illustration ala Freehand or Illustator and adding effects in PS is pretty old stuff. His work is pretty good but a PS God? Hardly.

Chances
02-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I actually live by that train station and I thought they were just pictures of the train station. Damn!

Matt Grunau
02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Don't you mean ADOBE artist? I mean the use of vector illustration ala Freehand or Illustator and adding effects in PS is pretty old stuff. His work is pretty good but a PS God? Hardly.

What an ass thing to say. It's been one of my personal rules to never downtalk someone's work unless I could do as well or better.

If you want to continue posting here, I suggest you give that a thought.

Matt Grunau
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
I actually live by that train station and I thought they were just pictures of the train station. Damn!

Can you take a few pictures of that train station? It would be neat to compare his work to reality.

oneinfiniteloop
02-24-2009, 09:44 AM
What an ass thing to say. It's been one of my personal rules to never downtalk someone's work unless I could do as well or better.

If you want to continue posting here, I suggest you give that a thought.

Yeah, I started typing out a long response to his asinine comment myself, then I got sidetracked and when I came back to it I was over it.

Zephyrnoid, here are my thoughts on what you said. Firstly, can you show us some of your work that makes you such an expert on the subject? Clearly you must be that good to where you can make such a statement.

Next, if you knew anything about Bert Monroy you would know that he is a talented PS artist and works a lot in PS. Granted he may draw his basic shapes in Illustrator, but he does the bulk of his work in PS. Really, if you want to look at it like that, with such ignorance, we can say that he isn't even a talented ADOBE artist, but rather talented with pencil and paper because that's where this illustration started.

Oh, but you probably didn't know that, nor have you read his book that uses a lot of examples from this very scene showing his workflow, which I might add is very gracious of him to share his knowledge. You probably didn't know that he's been using PS probably long before you knew what PS is. So, until you come stepping with some factual knowledge or some of your own work that blows his out of the water why don't you go troll somewhere else?

mcgeedigital
02-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Saw that some time ago....amazing talent there.

bruce southerland
02-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Yes, He's the master. Bert does seminars across the country from
time to time, if anyone's interested.

Adam J McKay
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I as well was fooled at first. I wasn't all that impressed with the photo until....Oh my, it's not a photo... that is truly impressive.

Postmaster
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Good God, what a talent.

I would try to do something like that in 3D .....

....when I retire, but Photoshop?

Wow that´s unbeliveable talent and patience.

I wonder what specs his PC has.

Frank