PDA

View Full Version : Would you help me for $100?

capitalP
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I know it's not much but I'm desperately in need of a poster to be design. I have a week and a half to get it done.

My skills in Photoshop are bellow average, I'm not that skillful to get it done in 1 week.

The money would be given after I see a sample of the poster(I got screwed once), so if you got a couple of hours a night to spare, why not take a shot at it.

Warning: The poster is very complicated.

kai
08-03-2007, 07:01 AM
What's the concept?

MattinSTL
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah if you got a week you better get on with it... why not publicly post what you need? Specifically.

The person that takes your offer will most likely have a bunch of giant semi-transparent words all over your poster like "unpaid"... and then when you pay they'll send you the same file clean, without the words. That's how it works... so you get to see exactly what you'll be getting.

Size, DPI, requirements. You might get a competition going and then you'll be able to choose... plus... they could post in this thread and it would be fun for everybody.

capitalP
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah if you got a week you better get on with it... why not publicly post what you need? Specifically.

The person that takes your offer will most likely have a bunch of giant semi-transparent words all over your poster like "unpaid"... and then when you pay they'll send you the same file clean, without the words. That's how it works... so you get to see exactly what you'll be getting.

Size, DPI, requirements. You might get a competition going and then you'll be able to choose... plus... they could post in this thread and it would be fun for everybody.

This is actually a great idea Mattin, don't know why I didn't think of this. DVXuser is too awesome!!! So far I got some cool people who sent me PM's. I was really stressing because of this deadline I had to make, and now I feel there might be a little hope. But now I'm in a bit of a Jam, here's the back story:

I was in communications with this Designer for about a month, and last week July 25 I gave him a half of a deposit to begin working on the poster for me, and I said I'll give him the other half once the poster is done. He originally wanted the full payment before the work was done(but I know better). He told me the poster would be done in one week. So August 1 I sent him an email just wanted to know the status, and he didn't reply to me, it's funny because he always replies within seconds after an email. So I waited again and emailed him yesterday, and the email came back as an error... then I started to get worried, thinking this guy took my deposit and will not design the poster.

Luckily I sent the payment through paypal so I can file a complaint if need be, so I decided to give him another day to get back to me, so finally I emailed him again last night, and he said he's sorry he didn't get back to me he was away somewhere... but his emails go straight to his blackberry phone, but anyway now I'm a little less worried.

So I ask him can I see a sample of what he's been working on, he said he will send it to me today, so I'm waiting to see if he even started the poster or is he just gonna take my deposit and run.

My biggest concern is not really about the money, but the possible time I've lossed, I have to have this poster by a certain deadline. So I'm hoping the guy hasn't screwed me.

Thanks for all the quick response from all you guys on here, if by this weekend I don't here anything or see a sample from the poster, then holding a contest in here is a great idea.

I'll update this thread once I know more.

FYI and here is the website of the company I'm working with, they're freelancers.

http://www.bulletproofgfx.com

capitalP
08-03-2007, 09:06 AM
What's the concept?

The movie is a gangsta movie, so the concept is the lead guy overshadowing 3 enemies below him, while he's holding 2 guns, the enemies are shown from the neck-up and a city landscape is below all 4 of them, and the whole thing is in black in white except for the title of the film which is in Red.

Nik Manning
08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
That doesn't sound to complicated of a poster. It is great when clients know what they want. I hope he delivers.

Capt Quirk
08-03-2007, 10:46 AM
That doesn't sound to complicated of a poster. It is great when clients know what they want.
No kidding! The complete opposite is the client with a vague idea. You spend some long hours creating your heart out, and then they start the long list of "Could you just...".

capitalP
08-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Update: I got in touch with the guy, and he is working on the Poster, but I'm afraid he won't meet my deadline. Atleast so far I know he didn't take the money and run. He showed me a sample of the poster and I have to admit, it looks damn good.

If everything works out, I should have a complete version soon and I'll post it up.