PDA

View Full Version : XL1 price question

zumez
08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
This will be my first prosumer camera. My friend has one that he is willing to part with and asked me how much I am willing to buy it for. I was thinking $1000 since the camera is used, and over a few years old. I was wondering if that is a good price, or maybe to high or low? Thanks.

Huy Vu
08-01-2007, 06:49 PM
$1000 for the XL1 is a decent price, although on the low end. It depends on whether it comes with extra (especially batteries) and how many hours. I think your friend may be expecting something in the range of $1200.

I was actually looking for an XL1 about 4 months ago and could not find any for less than $1400 (with plenty of extras). But times have may change since then.

Mike Parker
09-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I just bought a Canon XL1s off of eBay for $1900. It came with an MA-100 XLR adapter, 3 batteries and charger/ac adapter, plus a Pelican 1600 case. It was literally in brand-new condition. Not a scratch, smudge or scrape. The seller originally said it had about 20 hours of use, but after I received it he said he checked his records and it had exactly THREE tapes run through it and then sat in its' case for a couple of years.

I used to own an XL1 and the XL1s is a FAR better camera. In fact, it shares little with the XL1: new lens, new CCD's, new transport, new electronics. Pay a little extra and get the XL1s.

Mike Parker