PDA

View Full Version : Focus problems with Sony HVR-V1E

cheap videomaker
07-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi. I have some focus problems with this camera, the latest hdv piece of crapnology from Sony. I say this because it often gets out of focus when in autofocus mode, especially in interior shots (with enough light to avoid to use the gain) and it's very bothering. Makes me want to smash it on the wall. Of course I haven't done it yet, but before falling to this temptation I would like to know if some of you have encountered the same problem. I guess it has something to do with the 3CMOS because with the 3CCDs of other cameras (I've used all, believe me) this unfortunate pain in the ass doesn't occur. I wonder maybe Sony can do an upgrade to better this problem. It's as if the camera turns drunk for a while. Do you know something? One last consideration: this, along with the now (in)famous progressive flickering problem makes this camera a really good buy!!! The seller who sold it to me says he hasn't sold anymore since June and he was forced to lower the price of the ones he has in stock. So now if I want to change it with the Sony Z1E he wants 1800 euros (plus taxes) from me!!! Compared with the 800 he wanted in January. Enough talking about my problems, you are all rubbing your balls I guess, but please, is my unit defective, or do you also experienced focus problems like me? Thank you.

mrWr0ng
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
why are you using auto focus?

hmobley
08-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Are you kidding me? the V1 is probably one of best cameras out there for its price range, usually you will find most of the problems with any electronic item, camcorders, computers is the operator, not the unit. Inside on auto focus, depending on lighting, cam may want to focus on something different. I use full auto most of the time and never have an issue. But I have set my picture profiles to what I like and change between all six depending on shot