PDA

View Full Version : New music video now on MTV2

Jason Rodriguez
07-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to announce that we have a new music video from Madina Lake and directed by Dori Oskowitz in association with Oasis Production Services (http://www.oasisproductionservices.com/about_us.htm) called "Here I stand". It was completely shot with SI cameras, and is now playing on MTV2,. It can also be viewed online at:

http://www.mtv2.com/#videoPremiere/1563998

Check it out!

strancali
07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
damn it, i wanted to see the video but when i got to the page, it gave me a script error and wouldn't load. Can I see it anywhere else?

Christopher Barry
07-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Looks great Jason. Anywhere to view/download a higher resolution version? Thanks

Ari Presler
07-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I know Oasis Production, who shot the footage with the SI-2K MINI, is checking to see if they can post a high res version of the material.

Make sure you have installed Windows Media 11, if you are having trouble playing it on the MTV2 site.

Mars United
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Congrats! btw, I had trouble viewing this until I tried it with IE (needs Flash too).

Looks good ... definitely want to see a larger version. Way to go!

Heather Hays
07-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Roadrunner Records, the record label, has posted both Quicktime and Windows versions of "Here I Stand" on Madina Lake's video page. Please follow the link below for viewing.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/MadinaLake/video.aspx

There have been complications with getting a hi-res version of the video to post on our website. We'll keep you posted as this develops.

We also worked on a video for the Dresden Dolls with our SI-2K Mini, "Shores of California". It was shot exclusively with the Mini on Venice Beach, here in Los Angeles, and provides a great contrast against the Madina Lake video. Please enjoy and let us know if you have any questions about either video!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/DresdenDolls/video.aspx

- Heather Hays
Oasis Production Services

Matty_g
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
haha oh man. You have to love armand flexing near the end of the desden dolls video.

What lenses were you guys using for these videos?

Heather Hays
07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
haha oh man. You have to love armand flexing near the end of the desden dolls video.

What lenses were you guys using for these videos?

The SI-2K Mini was outfitted with a B4 mount for both videos. The Dresden Dolls video was shot with a Cannon HD 9x5.5 Cine lens and the Madina Lake video used a Canon HD 18x7.8 Cine lens. The lenses for both videos were supplied by Sim Video here in LA.

The body builder shot for DD was one of those movie magic moments. It was the last shot of the day and it was pulled together AFTER the sun had set. The original body builder got fed up after waiting around all day and left. We just got very lucky that someone with a great look and a great attitude happened to be in the crowd that was watching us shoot. It also shows how well the camera performs in low light because that was shot without any digital gain and just some bounce board for "lighting".

- Heather Hays
Oasis Production Services

William_Robinette
07-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice polished looking stuff there guys. Love the set for the Madina Lake video.

OldCorpse
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
The Madina Lake thing was just a huge bore. I mean, it was competent technically, but that's about it from my POV (it didn't help that the band was a worthless mediocrity without a speck of originality).

The Dresden Dolls though - wow, that was something (and it helped that the song was good too!). The bodybuilder guy is a regular on the strip, good job incorporating him :)

I'm impressed that you managed to get quite a bit of the walk cleared for shooting, must've been something to arrange :) The whole thing was really well done - not for a moment did my interest flag, good performances, the imagery was nice and always interesting, good cutting rythms, and great outdoor lighting job. If I had a band, I'd want you guys to shoot the video!