PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro 4 Impressions

Flintstone
11-22-2003, 05:12 PM
I've seen a demo of Final Cut Pro 4 a couple of weeks back, and I was very impressed with it's functionality. I'm interrested in getting some feedback from FCP4 users that use it with 24p. Also, how would you compare FCP4 with PC NLEs that support 24p? What platform are you using it on? (New iMac, iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac G4, G5?) How long does it take you to encode MPEG2 material for DVDs? What functionality do you see missing on FCP4, especially in comparison with other products out there. Overall, are you satisfied with it? And finally, would you change for something else?

justinsullivan
11-22-2003, 05:32 PM
As far as a comparison with other apps, i think it holds up quite well. I have spent some time on Premiere Pro with a Matorx card and it was very impresive. ALL the effects were real time. Rendering took a while, but most of the time rendering was only required when numerous effects were applyed. Anyway, I am using FCP 4 on a single 1.8 G5 and it run fairly well. I am not all that impressed with it yet, The computer that is, but I like FCP4 much more than any other apps out there.

As far as the computer is concerned with DVDSP2, it runs great. It is a lot quicker than SP1.5 on a G4. Compression takes very little time.

jsullivan