PDA

View Full Version : software down conversion solution

max123
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi,
Do you know if there is some kind of software down conversion (HD->SD) that looks as good as what I get when I go to a post studio?

I have a HVX-200P and when I try to export from 1440x1080 or 1920X1080 to 720X480 in After Effects, the result is wayyyy softer than the original. When I bring my Hard Disk to the post place, the output looks as expected, but it is so expensive that I can't afford to go there every time someone asks for a DVD of the daily shots.

Just so you know, I use raylight and I can import MXF files directly into AE, as long as I import it as video for windows.

Any ideas?

mvb
06-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi,
Do you know if there is some kind of software down conversion (HD->SD) that looks as good as what I get when I go to a post studio?

I have a HVX-200P and when I try to export from 1440x1080 or 1920X1080 to 720X480 in After Effects, the result is wayyyy softer than the original. When I bring my Hard Disk to the post place, the output looks as expected, but it is so expensive that I can't afford to go there every time someone asks for a DVD of the daily shots.

Just so you know, I use raylight and I can import MXF files directly into AE, as long as I import it as video for windows.

Any ideas?

There's nothing you can't do in AE, but if you want real help you have to provide details. What are your settings (interpret footage, composition, render)? Is this progressive or interlaced footage? Have you tried an unsharp mask?