PDA

View Full Version : start up disk problems FCP not reading hard drive.

IllLifeFilms
03-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Final cut pro won't let me capture any video reguardless of size. It says my start up disk is full, but i have 96.77 MB left to use. Apple support says it's a problem with FCP not reading my hard drive correctly. Apple wanted either $800 dollars a year, or $200 dollars to answer this question. I was hoping someone could help me and save me some money.

I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Sol M.
03-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Did you write that correctly? *96.77 MB ???

If you really only have that much left on your system disk, then it's no wonder FCP doesn't let you capture. *96.77MB amounts to less than 30sec worth of DV. *But with so little space left, I'm even surprised your computer runs without any other problems.

If this is the case, it's time to get another HD. In any case, you shouldn't be capturing video to the same disk that the system is running off of.

IllLifeFilms
03-11-2004, 04:35 PM
oh wait i'm sorry i meant 96.77 GB

Sol M.
03-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Just curious where you have your capture scratch set to? Maybe you could try changing it to another directory and see if FCP has better luck capturing there. Still, if you're using a single disc to capture video AND run FCP, you're asking for trouble.