PDA

View Full Version : Other film festivals?

chris f
06-11-2007, 03:38 PM
There were some great films in this fest and I was just curious to see if anyone was entering their spyfest films into any other film festivals. I've got 3 lined up myself for my extended cut of Ecclesiastes. I definitely think there was enough talent displayed in this fest to do well in some other film festivals as well.

Matt Sconce
06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
We will be having Son of Bond show at Action on Film Festival in Long Beach in July.

AmyO
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Great topic. I was waiting for SpyFest to end to post about a couple of festivals here in Portland that I think people might be interested in.

The first is the "10 or Less" Festival, formerly known as PISS Fest (Portland Internationall Short Short Fest). The entry deadline has been pushed back to June 14th for the early deadline and June 30th for the late. Go to Sourappleproductions.com for more details. You can also submit through Withoutabox.com for this fest.

For those NW filmmakers (that includes Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Idaho, Montana and BRITISH COLUMBIA), there is the Northwest Film and Video Festival, run by the Northwest Film Center. I think we had 4 or 5 films from this area in SpyFest, so I thought it was worth mentioning. Get more info at http://www.nwfilm.org/festivals/nwfvf.php . Note that while I am employed by the Northwest Film Center, I am working at the school and am in no way affiliated with the festival.

I think any of the films entered here would play well at the 10 or Less Fest, and you NW filmmakers would do well to check out the Northwest Festival.

Beat Takeshi
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I know the longer version of Check will be submitted to fests.

Edgen
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
yup... Cristo's long cut will be submitted as many places as possible. You never know what will come from a festival run. An empty pocketbook or perhaps a tasty studio offer. :)

/j