PDA

View Full Version : Spy Fest Winners

Barry_S
06-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Congratulations to all the filmmakers, crew, and actors that entered SpyFest. It's clear that all of you put a lot of effort and creativity into your films and it's been a lot of fun watching your work. The fest servers have been working overtime, because a lot of people have been watching the films. Many of the films have been seen over 500 times over the course of the last week. Almost every film received multiple points, meaning that others thought it ranked as a top film.

I want to thank our generous sponsors for donating the prizes for SpyFest. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will each get to pick one of the following drool-worthy packages.

Varizoom

Auto rig http://www.varizoom.com/products/sup...vzautorig.html (http://www.varizoom.com/products/supports/vzautorig.html)

Media Rig : http://www.varizoom.com/products/sup...VMediaRig.html (http://www.varizoom.com/products/supports/vzDVMediaRig.html)

Rock PZFI controller: http://www.varizoom.com/products/con...zrockpzfi.html (http://www.varizoom.com/products/controls/vzrockpzfi.html)

http://dvxuser4.com/kessler.jpg
KesslerCrane

KC-8 or KC-5.5 camera crane (http://www.kesslercrane.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=29)

http://dvxuser4.com/cinevate.jpg

Cinevate

http://www.cinevate.com/catalog/images/hdbundle.jpg

Brevis35 HD bundle. This package includes the Brevis35 Adapter, Nikon Lens Mount, Charger/AC adapter, and 72mm HD achromat packed in a super-tough Pelican waterproof case"

http://www.cinevate.com/images/railsmattebox.jpg

The Cinevate mattebox package features our mattebox, equipped with two rotating 4x4 filter holders, adjustable eyebrow shades, and an overhead flag. The rails are incredibly versatile, allowing the use of any camera without the use of shims. Small HD cams like the Canon HV20 can be mounted inverted for 35mm lens adapter use."

Big kudos to Larry R, our fest technical coordinator as well as Mikko and all of the generous dvxusers that donated server space-

Jarred Land (dvxfest.com)
Jason Ramsey (ramjetfilms.com)
Norm Sanders (eefilm.com)
Mikko Wilson (mikkowilson.com)
Brandon Rice (noaricedigital.com)
webdog (9xnet.com)
t-h-e-w-h-o (dvxhost.com)
fixitinpost (etchantdigital.com)
Larry R (nrestudios.com)

Larry and the crew make sure the downloads run like the wind. :) Thanks to Jarred for running the best indie-filmmaking site in the known universe and the other mods for their help on the fest.

Thanks to our users for viewing, voting, and commenting on the films, your feedback is invaluable for the filmmakers.

1st Place

No Middle Ground by Abalex

2nd Place

Imprint by aravance

3rd Place

Sorry by Joe Blo

Audience Favorite Award
This award recognizes a film that was especially popular with voters, but didn't place in the top three films.

Schittekatter by Keystoned
EDIT: (AKA Jack Daniel Stanley)

Creative Vision Award
This award recognizes an entry with a unique creative vision. A film that zigged when everyone else zagged.

Check by deedive, MsManhattan, and Aram Bauman

Thanks everyone and stay tuned for the next DVXFest to be announced Monday night.

Barry

Michael Anthony Horrigan
06-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Congrats everyone.

Great fest!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael_Petro
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
congrats abalex -- aravancw -- Joe blo good job

AmyO
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Congratulations! What a wonderful fest. I had such a great time watching everyone's films! :)

Jack Daniel Stanley
06-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks Barry and Larry and Jarred.

SUPER smooth and well run fest.!!! Love the new upload an viewing systems!

MsKly
06-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Fabulous!
I had a great time watching all. Thank you and Congratulations to the winners!

(Too bad I couldn't vote as I didn't have enough posts, oh well, My top three were in the top four!)

bosindy
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
congrats to the winners, well deserved.

chris f
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
congrats!

Robert Eldon
06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Everyone!

Let us know what prizes you pick?

Norm Sanders
06-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Congratulations, all, well deserved! Not a single film in the top three that I wasn't greatly impressed with!! :)

FutureDVXUser
06-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Congrats to everybody involved in SpyFest!

Tom Marshall
06-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Congratulations to the winners... and to everyone else who entered the fest!

gabrielflorit
06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to everyone! Am I the only one that thinks each fest raises the dvxuser bar? All 5 abovementioned entries are of tremendous quality. It was a real pleasure to watch all the films again. Thanks dvxuser for my favoritest place of the intrawebs!

~ gabe (a future dvxuser fest contestant)

Keystoned
06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats to all the winners and participants and thanks very much to Barry_S and Larry R and all the Mods and Members at DVXuser.

I just had the best frickin' time. What a great experience. :beer:

Matt Harris
06-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Awesome, great fest, much thanks to Barry, Jarred and Larry for organizing the whole chebang! Congrats to the winners, you all collectively raised the bar here on DVXuser and its sure to make us all better filmmakers. The top films were awesome and technically solid for sure.

Now let me be the annoying one who always suggests the next fest:

Post Apocalyptic Fest
Ninja fest
Western Fest
Mafia Fest
Revenge Fest
Kill Everyone With Big Guns fest

Danielleus
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, kudos to those who won. Well deserved, well deserved. Okay, now, which fest is next????????????????

deedive
06-10-2007, 10:32 PM
wow, this was great! wonderful experience. thanx barry, larry and jarred and congrates to all the winners aka everyone that entered:)

Matt Sconce
06-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Congrats to All!!!! It's been a fun ride! Looking forward to next fest.

Brandon Rice
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Ah, very good top picks! Congrats to the winners!!!

Beat Takeshi
06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Congrats all. I think thats a great category for us! Thanks all for everything you have done to create these fests and get us off our asses to create our visions.
Dale, thanks for the great story and directing.
Leslie, thanks for your great producing skills (Shes been on a lot of the top films in these fests in case you havn't noticed).
Can't forget Steve2bees, He was a big part of this even though he's been MIA since we shot.

Beat Takeshi
06-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Arg, I hate that the edit function is screwed up. I have to keep deleting and reposting to get it to work.

MsManhattan
06-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the recognition of our film and Congrats to the winners as well as everyone who entered!

JOE BLO
06-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I had a blast making this film and working with Michael and all the cast and crew. I'm thrilled that we palced in the top 3.

Thanks again!

abalex
06-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Congrats and thanks to all who voted for NMG, this really inspire us to continue making movies and try to get better everytime we make them...Lots of great movies this time!!

cheers
gv.

aravance
06-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks to everyone who voted and everyone who participated in the festival!

I concur with George, it truly has been very inspiring. I was losing momentum for a bit and this is exactly what I needed to get the motor running again.

See you all around on the board!

~ V

abalex
06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Can someone help me, I'm just a bit confused(and really tired), how many prizes can the top 3 movies choose from? According to them 1,2 and 3 winners can each pick one package. Does that mean one of each? a crane, 35 adapter and varizoom package?

Sorry I'm just too tired to get it....

peace.
gv

aravance
06-11-2007, 12:26 AM
I think you have to pick one package out of the three. So either the Varizoom package, the crane, or the 35mm adapter package.

And I believe you have first dibs too. :happy:

abalex
06-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks ARAVANCE. Is a tough one, I really want the shoulder mount, crane and 35mm adapter..mmmmm Oh gol!

aFox
06-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Congrats to the winners. Great Fest!!

Herman Witkam
06-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Congrats, guys! :beer:

Geoff_R
06-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Congrats to the winners! Thanks to all the DVXuser crew; Barry, Larry, Jarred and others whom make these fests possible!

Noel Evans
06-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Congrats to the winners and organisers. This fest was pretty slick on all counts.

Jaime V
06-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Hearty congratulations to the fest winners. Thanks again to everyone that makes these fests possible, and so much fun.

kurtmo
06-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Congrats to the winners! And a big thanks to the organizers and sponsors.

Dustin R. Rogan
06-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Kudos to the winners, well deserved!! If I was voting those were my top 3!! Everyone be on standby to be bumped down a place, with all of yous guys tips I'm going to take next Fest!!! (hopefully) Heres to the next Fest!!! :beer:

Dustin

gaer42
06-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Congrats to all the winners.... Great job.

Larry Rutledge
06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Congratulations to the winners for an outstanding job well done. :thumbsup:

And congratulations to every one else who entered for getting out there and making a great film. That is what these fests are about, not the prizes. The real prize is having a completed film in your hot little hands :)

Thanks to Jarred for having the foresite to establish these fests. Thanks to Jarred and Jason Ramsey for getting such great prizes. Thanks to the sponsors for offering up such great prizes. Thanks to everyone who entered for giving it your all and entertaining us. Thanks to family and friends of everyone who entered for putting up with us and encouraging us as we pursue the dream. Thanks to Barry for all your hard work during these fests. Thanks to Mikko for your moral and technical support. Thanks to all the mirror providers - it really improves overall performance and helps defray some of Jarred's out of pocket expense for putting these on.

It sounds like the new system is working well for everyone. I'm glad to hear that, makes all the long hours worth it. We will continue to expand and improve the system to give a better overall experience.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

500Cuts
06-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Good job everybody! Thanks a lot for hosting the fest. "Spy" was a tough genre, and though many of the films ended up being assassin/hitman stories, the best films rose to the top.

Hopefully, by the next fest, I'll have enough posts to vote!

Thanks again, mods. This was a total riot!

Co.

cinealma
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Congrats to the winners! Now put those prizes to good use!

tmpafilmer25
06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Congrats to the winners and good job to all participants. As always, excellent movies all around.

Elton
06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Congratulations to the winners and participants. 500Cuts was right--tough genre, as I can well attest with our belated piece.

Onward and upward! :beer:

arielman
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Congrats to the winners .
Ian

Edgen
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
wew hew!! CONGrats everyone. :) All those films were my tops too :)

nextfest... and go!

cheers and if anyone that won is here in LA.. Share the wealth!
/j

insanityfw
06-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Congratulations to all!!!

Mike@AF
06-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone! This was my first DVXfest and it was a lot of fun participating. Having this kind of community here really made it a lot easier and a lot more fun and exciting.

Hey Edgen, Joe and I are in the LA area. Not sure what the theme of the next fest is going to be, but I just may participate in one way or another. I'd like to write/direct/edit, but I'm open to DP/edit/mix again too.

Zenon
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Excellent work guys! :D

agwah
06-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I spent the day yesterday looking through all the films, loved that it was a completely community driven thing, it was really hard to pick the best ones, a lot of great visuals, good ideas and beautiful acting. There were five or six left in the end where the movies were executed with attention to all the details, I could have voted for all of them.

But a win is a win and that is a great feeling, congratulations guys.

Charli
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Congrats to everyone who finished their story.

cinealma
06-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Congrats to everyone who finished their story.

Ha! :beer:

Texture
06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks to Jarred, Larry & Barry for creating a really COOL forum on the web.

This fest was the smoothest I think I've participated since joining over a year ago.

Easy voting system, trouble free download page.

Its an honor to be in the company of the creative geniuses who participate in these fests!

Erik

jamesh
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats to the winners. This was a cool fest. cheers.

Neil Rowe
06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
congrats guys. i thought the wins were very well deseved. there were as always a few films that really stood out, and these winning ones definitely deserve this recognition.

Jarred Land
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
yes.. im very proud of all you guys. Cant wait to see where all of you go for the next round.

abalex
06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
When do we suppose to get our prizes? Jarred? Barry S? anyone? Please answer my PMs...thanks

gv.

ugafan
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
When do we suppose to get our prizes? Jarred? Barry S? anyone? Please answer my PMs...thanks

gv.

the prizes are fictional as it's all for fun. sorry if you thought you would get an actual physical piece of equipment for winning.

slinks
06-13-2007, 02:20 AM
congratulations everyone! I'll echo everyone else and say it was well deserved. wooty woot woot.

Cryogenic Filmworks
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Congrats to the winners and to everyone who entered. At least you unlike some of us have another project under your belt.

Darkline
06-13-2007, 03:47 PM
yeh, thanks for a fun fest and congrats to all the winners.

There were 5 or six that could have ended up top 3 and more importantly I can see everyone who enters improving their game with each fest.

It's a great way to motivate people to get out and shoot.

Darkline
06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
(as modify appears to be broke....)

PS - sorry I didnt get a chance to comment on all the films. I just didnt get the time. That's no reflection on the quality of the films in the fest. There's many I enjoyed.

HPB24
06-17-2007, 12:18 AM
Great Job Everyone :beer:

Eugenia Loli-Queru
06-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Interview with the "Imprint" creator, here: http://osnews.com/story.php/18118